Hi there amazing people!
I’ve always been a fan of more complicated, fancy recipes. Experimenting in the kitchen is one of my biggest passions. BUT, since I became a mom, all that turned into “How do I get this food done faster and with the minimum amount of waste?? That’s why I’ve been making more and more easy and fast recipes, especially ones that I know a picky toddler will like. These beef and veggies-filled Empanadas take very little time , they have the healthy factor and they are toddler approved because of the fluffy puff pastry on top.
My daughter loves crunchy and crispy foods, as well as bread, so this recipe is perfect for when I want to make sure she eats good
What you will need:
1 pound grass fed beef
1 medium onion
100 gr. frozen peas
5 cloves of garlic
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup rice vinegar
1 bay leaf (optional)
1 cup chicken stock / water
puff pastry/ crescent dough
2 spoons vegetable oil (I use coconut oil)
How do you get it done?
- Sear your piece of beef in a pan with the vegetable oil, just enough to give it a nice color and activate those flavors. The meat will still be raw inside at this stage.
- Slice your onions and sweat them in the remaining fat from the meat.
- Add your finely minced garlic and cook for a few seconds
- Add your sliced carrots and the seared meat, along with all the other ingredients and transfer everything in a pot, so you can fit the liquids
- Make a parchment paper circle, big enough to cover your pot and let -stew simmer for 2-3 hours. If you have a slow cooker, this will go a lot faster!
- In the meantime, use a cookie cutter to cut puff pastry circles
- Add some stew filling along with some frozen peas and use a fork to seal the edges of he pastry
- Brush with egg wash and bake at 360 F until golden.
Result? Fresh, soft and crispy puff pastries filled with tender meat and finger-licking vegetables!
I often make this recipe even without the puff pastry and serve it alongside steamed rice or potato pure.
What is your favorite easy dinner recipe to make?