Hello food lovers!
For today I have a recipe that, I must admit, probably made us gain a pound or two (just couse we went for a second round and we would’ve gone for a third!
These chicken burgers turned out so good that we were asking for more the next day.
I chose to use chicken, just to get out of the regular beef burger pattern.
I went all out and spend a little while doing my own dough for burger buns, but let me tell you, it was totaaaaaly worth it! Soft, fresh out of the oven, mouth watering burger buns ready to sit under a burger or to be eaten with butter the next morning.
I’m guessing your mouth is watering already, couse I know mine is!haha. So let’s get right into the nice part where I tell you how I made this babies happen!
- heirloom tomatos
- jack cheese
- ceddar cheese
For the chicken burger patty:
- 441 gr chicken (15.5 oz) – enough for 4 large burgers
- 35 gr onion (1.2 oz) -finely minced
- 4 cloves of garlic -finely minced
- 3 gr onion powder (0.1 oz)
- 3 gr paprika powder (0.1oz)
- 1 gr cayenne pepper (0.03 oz)
- 3 gr salt (0.1 oz)
- 1 gr black pepper (0.03 oz)
- 50 gr all purpose flour (1.7 oz)
- 10 grams olive oil (0.3)
- 1 egg
- Mix together all the ingredients until everything is incorporated.
- Divide the mixture in 4 equal parts or 6 if you want to make mini burgers/sliders. You can use a scale to do this step, this way you know all your burgers will cook in the same time and they will look nice and equal.
- Use a metal or plastic ring to put the mixture in and get perfect edges on your burger (this step is optional)
- Put the burgers aside, in the fridge, covered with a plastic foil, until you are ready to cook them.
- If you want, you can cook them on the grill, which will give them tons more flavor. I didn’t have a grill at the time so i seared them in the pan to give them color and get that so much needed maillard reaction and then put them in the oven until fully cooked. Then simply put your cheese on top so that it melts nicely. No medium rare for chicken meat, remember!
For the pickled onions (and pretty much anything else you want to fast- pickle):
- one red onion
- 350 ml red wine vinegar
- 80 gr sugar(2.8 oz)
- 5 cloves
- 2 stars anise
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 gr (0.14 oz) peppercorns
- Cut your onions in the desired shape (I did mine half rings)
- In a pot, put together all the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Once it boils, take the liquid off the heat and pour it on top of the onions, trough a strainer.
- Cover your onions with a lid or a plate (depending on what you put them in) and let them sit like that until they cool down. Then, they are ready to use! More like, to eat!
For the soft burger buns:
Check out my previous post Super soft burger buns.
For the chipotle aioli:
- 2 eggs
- corn/vegetable oil (as needed)
- 3 garlic cloves (finely minced or made into a paste)
- 1 spoon dijon mustard
- 1 can chipotle peppers
- Put a metal or glass bowl over a pot half filled with water. Let it boil while you wisk 2 egg yolks until they get thicker. Take the bowl off the bain marie from time to time to prevent from getting scrambled eggs
- Once the yolks are thicker, put it in a food processor, add oil little by little, until the aioli gets thicker.
- Add your flavors and keep adding oil until you get the desired quantity
- Add in some juice from the canned chipotles and 2-3chipotles, depending on how spicy you want it.
There you go! Delicious, juicy, mouth watering chicken burgers!
Would you try this recipe for lunch or dinner?