Not sure if I mentioned before, but I am a professional cook. I even went to culinary school and the whole thing. So I really love experimenting with food and cooking all kind of things. But when it comes to cooking at home, I have fallen into a phase of commodity because of couple reasons: picky eaters, lack of time and exhaustion .So today I made something I wouldn’t normally make! And I had a huge surprise because everybody loved it! My daughter even ate a couple snap peas! haha #mom victory . This Noodle dish with shrimp, chicken and snap peas is very easy to make and they are really yummy. They are also pretty healthy, so no complains there!
Here’s what you will need to make them:
- 2 cloves garlic-minced
- 1 oz ( 10 gr ) ginger-minced
- few leaves fresh parsley-chopped
- 1/2 chicken breast
- 10 clean shrimps
- 2 packs of ramen noodles (I used green organic ones)
- paprika powder
- 1 cup (100 gr) snap peas
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
1.Season your chicken and shrimp with salt, pepper and paprika powder (separately)
2. Heat up you pan, put a tablespoon of coconut oil and cook your chicken until nice and seared
TIP: Don’t put too much chicken in the pan at once because it will start steaming and boiling, instead of getting a nice sear with flavor
3. Take the chicken out of the pan and use the same pan to lightly cook the shrimp
4. Put a pot of water to boil, add salt into it and prepare an ice bath. Clean your snap peas and drop them in the hot water for half a minute until they turn bright green, then drain them and put them straightaway in the ice water. This will make them crispy and perfectly cooked, while keeping the color
5. Drop your ramen in hot water and add the pack of spices (optional)
6. Unless your pan is burnt, you should use the same one for finishing the meal. Just add another tablespoon of oil and saute your ginger and garlic. Make sure you don’t get them dark. They just need to cook for a bit and release the flavors.
7. Put your cooked and hot ramen noodles on top and add a little bit of the water that you boiled them in so the pan can get deglazed and you can save all that flavor
8. Toss the noodles with the shrimp and chicken, as well as the snap peas and fresh parsley
9. Serve and enjoy!
❤ IT? PIN IT!
What is your favorite noodle dish to cook for dinner? Let me know in the comments below!
Also, don’t forget to snap a pic and tag me #nutshelldelia on Instagram. Not following me yet? That can be easily fixed by clicking here!